Which parts do you need?
- USB Extension cable, Prusa Mini (+)
- Powerswitch Extension cable, Prusa Mini (+)
- Printed parts, Frontpanel, Backpanel* and closing clip*
- Allen Key, 2.5mm (for M3)
- Screwdriver (Phillips head)
*Not necessary, but it's nice to have.
Here are step by step instructions for the installation of the upgrade. If you prefer video instructions, you can find a great video made by Colin Hill here.
- Remove the cable from the screen.
- Unscew the screw holding the printer part to the frame.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the display.
- Remove the display from the printed part, you don't need the printed part anymore.
- Remove the screw shown on the picture.
- Press where the yellow arrows are to remove the lid
- Remove the powercables.
- Remove the powerswitch, you need te press where the yellow arrows point to, then you can pull/push it out.
- Insert the Powerswitch Extension cable.
- Put the extension cable through the same hole as the display cable.
- Pull then entire cable through the hole.
- Put the lid back on the electronics housing.
- Take the printed closing clip (make sure the breakaway support is removed) and put it in the hole.
- Insert the USB cable and fasten the 2 screws.
- Insert the powerswitch (don't connect the wires yet)
- Put all the cables through the backcover.
- Attach the display holder (frontplate) to the printer.
- Click the backplate into place.
- Put the USB Extension cable in the USB port of the printer.
And... You've finished!
All you need to do now, is enjoy your super conveniënt 3D printer without reaching to the back :)